Thursday, October 9, 2008

Steady As She Goes!

Well this has certainly been one heck of a rollercoaster ride on the stock market this week. I just received my statement for my kids college education funds and my IRA and let me tell ya, I'm back where I was three years ago. Feels like I just can't ever catch a break but hopefully in the long run ....the very long run., all will work out.
October has been a little slow to start but things are starting to pick up. It's been sort of nice to have a few days to sketch some new ideas and think about things before jumping back in to work. There's lots going on politically as well which has been captivating my attention for what feels like forever. I'm a die-hard Democrat married to a die-hard Republican so you can imagine the "spirited conversations" in my household. The economy has been a big topic of discussion obviously, but I'm taking a tip from my Republican husband to keep calm about our investments and go slow and steady before acting on any "Sell, Sell, Sell!" impulses I may have. I'm trying to think long-term for my money and for my company but it is difficult with so much uncertainty. I know the slow-down can't last forever, but like this election cycle...it sure feels like forever. Wishing everyone the best in these tumultuous times.

No comments: