Sunday, October 19, 2008

Copycats

Well today I think I've seen someone I used to know hit a new low. From time to time I like to browse competitor websites just to see what else is out in the market in comparison to what I'm doing. Today, I saw a company introduce a new product that is an exact copy of another well-known product in the baby market. Now, I don't know for certain that the other company isn't OK with this, but I'd find it highly unusual. I won't name names but let's just say this person has been accused of this before so why go down that road again?

Maybe I'm making too much of it? I know there are other artists out there doing keepsake boxes like me, but I hope mine are unique enough to stand on their own. I have even once had the misfortune of unknowingly painting a wall hanging for a customer (back in the day when I owned my own little store) that was similar to one out in the market and I got called on it and rightfully so. But to knowingly copy another company's product and market it as your own seems ruthless. But perhaps that is their mantra. All I can say is,what goes around, comes around.

1 comment:

jpdmom said...

Hey Stacie - good luck with this blog. Nice to see another Entrepreneur reaching out and addressing the tough subjects. I just posted about this....in case you want to read. Hope all is well.