Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time of Change

Well, it's November already. A time of year that begins a faster pace for those of us in the retail industry. Although our economy is suffering, there's always a desire to get a special gift for someone. November is also my son's birthday month so I've been searching as well for that perfect gift for a 9 year old. Somehow I think it will have something to do with Pokemon.

It is also just 2 days from the presidential election. Although my husband and I are on opposite sides, we can both agree that a change will be good for the country. These next few years will be tough ones and I don't expect any miracles to happen, but I hope that we all become kinder to one another and help those who are less fortunate than ourselves. Everyone has something they can give to others in need. Whether it's time, food, clothing, shelter or just being a friend to someone; we all have gifts to share with the world.

My favorite charity is Philabundance. They provide food pantries across Eastern PA with much needed food for those who can not afford groceries. For some, this is the only option available for food. This year, food donations are critically low and they are in need of donations and money. You can visit their website at http://www.philabundance.org to make a donation or learn how to hold a food drive.

With the holidays approaching, let's all agree on one thing; do something kind for someone less fortunate. It's a gift that can really make a change in someone's life.

No comments: